Gujarat State Disaster Management Policy
Gujarat has been prone to disasters which have caused extensive damage to human life and properties, over the years. Gujarat Govt. has introduced a policy which fulfills a need for proactive, comprehensive and sustained approach to disaster management and that articulate its vision and strategy for disaster management in Gujarat.
- To establish necessary system, structures, programs, research, capabilities and guiding principles for reducing disaster risks, rehabilitation, reconstruction, to reduce environment damages, to avoid disruption of economic activity.
- To develop and maintain arrangements for accessing resources, equipment supplies and funding in preparation for disasters that might occur.
- To create awareness and to provide training to agencies involved in disaster management.
- To provide relief/assistance to the affected without any discrimination of caste, creed, community or sex.
Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority will work as nodal agency in overall framework for disaster management in the state.
Beneficiaries and Their Eligibility:
- Any agency who is working for risk management before, during and after disaster.
- Any individual who lives in the state of Gujarat.
- Local authorities, industries and enterprises operating in disaster prone area.
- Training to individuals and various agencies.
- Medical Assistance to disaster affected people.
- Calamity relief fund for rehabilitation, relief and reconstruction activities.
- Loans and financial grants for services.
- Relief packages including details relating to collection, allocation and disbursal of fund to affected people.
- Assistance to restore houses and dwellings.
For more information: Click Here