Gujarat Industrial Policy 2015
Industries are the backbone of any state or nation as they play a significant role in development, technical advancement, and economic progress of the nation. Gujarat is one of the leading industrialized in the country contributing more than 7.5% to IndiaΓÇÕs GDP. Gujarat Govt. has launched its new Industrial Policy with holistic approach towards investment, innovation, value addition and business would identify specific interventions across sectors which would be instrumental in generating employment and bringing about inclusive growth.
The policy aims to build and expand on the existing growth pattern in the state. It will also encourage value addition in focus sectors. Following are objectives of this policy:
- To contribute in “Make In India” programme.
- Promote balanced regional development and Encourage Labour Intensive industries.
- Facilitate centers of excellence for specialized sectors leading to skill enhancement.
- Reward adoption of new technology and promote Innovation and Technology transfer
- Adopt Green practices and improve environmental infrastructure
- Proactive support for development of infrastructure
- Achieve higher economy, growth and higher development by providing additional support to MSME sector.
Period of Operation:
The policy will came into effect from the date of its notification and will remain in operation for period of 5 years i.e. 2015 to March 2020.
Any individual, company, MSMEs, large industries, IT units, R&D institution, industries association or group of individuals, whether incorporated or not, which are registered under Societies Act or Companies Act with respective DIC.
Gujarat Industrial Development Authority (GIDE) and Industries Commissionerate shall be the State Govt. Nodal Agency for the facilitation and implementation of the policy.
Following benefits will be provided to eligible units:
- Pecuniary assistance to nodal institutions/ hiring of experts.
- Incentives for the Garment sectors, Apparels & Made-Ups industry, Agro and Food processing sectors& Assembling enterprises etc.
- Interest subsidy, quality certification, technology acquisition fund, and support to R&D institutions, patent assistance, and market development assistance.
- Incentives to women entrepreneurs, SC/ST, SEBC& Physically Challenged entrepreneurs.
- Incentives for clusters & anchor units, registration & stamp duty concession, uninterrupted availability of power tariff subsidy, VAT/CST Incentive, employment generation grant on EPF, single window clearance system.
- Interest Subsidy to young entrepreneurs.
- Assistance for renovation/ refurbishing cost and Assistance to utilization of assets/ training infrastructure.
- Incentives to collaborate with Indian Diamond Institute (IDIs) to set up training centres at Ahmedabad (Bapunagar), Rajkot, Surat and Bhavnagar.
- Awards for MSMEs, Entrepreneurs and Large Units.
- For organizations intending to undertake contract research, GoG will provide financial support to the project cost.
- Financial assistance for installation of Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Financial assistance for 3 quality certifications.
For Details: Click Here