Govt. Sponsored Scheme to aid Women in Distress
Name of the scheme: Swadhar Greh
Purpose: It is a Scheme that caters to primary needs of women in difficult circumstances. The scheme envisions a supportive institutional framework for women who have been victims of difficult circumstances so that they could lead their life with dignity and conviction.
Under the Scheme, Swadhar Greh will be set up in every district with a capacity of 30 women-
- To cater to the primary need of shelter, food, clothing, medical treatment and care of the women in distress and who are without any social or financial support.
- To enable them to regain their emotional strength that gets hampered due to their encounter with unfortunate circumstances.
- To provide them with legal aid and guidance to enable them to take steps for their readjustment in family/society.
- To rehabilitate them economically and emotionally.
- To act as a support system that understands and meets various requirements of women in distress.
- Lastly, to help them to start their life afresh with dignity and conviction.
Women above 18 years of age can avail benefits in the following categories-
- Women who are deserted and are without any social or financial support.
- Women survivors of natural disasters who have been rendered homeless and are without any social and economic support.
- Women prisoners released from jail and are without family, social and economic support.
- Women victims of domestic violence, family tension or discord, who are made to leave their homes without any means of subsistence and have no special protection from exploitation and/or facing court proceedings on account of marital disputes.
- Trafficked women/girls rescued or runaway from brothels or other places where they face exploitation and Women affected by HIV/AIDS who do not have any social or economic support.
- Women affected by domestic violence could stay up to one year.
- For other categories of women, the maximum period of stay could be up to 3 years.
- The older women above the 55 years of age may be accommodated for maximum period of 5 years after which they will have to shift to old age homes or similar institutions.
Implementing Agencies and Eligibility Criteria:
- State Government agencies including Women Development Corporations established by the State Governments.
- Central or State autonomous bodies
- Municipal Bodies
- Cantonment Boards
- Panchayati Raj Institutions and Co-operative institutions
- Departments of Women and Child Development/Social Welfare of the State Governments
- Public Trusts registered under any law for the time being in force
- Civil Society Organizations such as NGOs etc. having proven track record of working in the fields of womenΓÇÕs welfare/social welfare/ womenΓÇÕs education provided that such organization is registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860 or any relevant State Act.
Pattern of Assistance:
- The Central Government (Ministry of Women and Child Development) will provide 100% funding as Grant-in- aid to the State Governments and UT Administrations for release to the implementing agencies.
- Assistance for Construction- Government provides a grant assistance of a maximum Rs. 1.33 lakh per resident for construction of rooms/cottages/ huts for the shelter of the residents and common facilities like kitchen, bathroom, training hall, recreation room, dining hall office room etc and infrastructure facilities like water, electricity, boundary wall etc.
- Assistance for Rent- The maximum rent allowable for a Swadhar Greh intended for 30 residents is Rs. 50,000/- per month in grade ΓÇÌAΓÇÕ cities, Rs. 30,000/- per month in grade ΓÇÌBΓÇÕ cities and Rs. 18,000/- at other places.
- Administration and Management- The indicative provision of staff for a 30 residents Swadhar Greh would be as under-
|SL No||Name of the Post||No. of Posts||Remuneration (Monthly)||Remuneration (Yearly)|
|1||Resident Superintendent||1||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs. 1.44 lakh|
|2||Counsellor||1||Rs. 10,000/-||Rs. 1.20 lakh|
|3||Office Assistant cum DEO||1||Rs. 8,000/-||Rs. 96,000/-|
|4||Medical Doctor (part time)||1||Rs. 6,000/-||Rs. 72,000/-|
|5||Guard/Watchman||2||Rs. 10,000/-||Rs. 1.20 lakh|
|Total||6||Rs. 46,000/-||Rs. 5.52 lakh|
For more information, visit here
Click here to apply