Govt. Provides Financial Assistance to Cultural Organizations
Name of the scheme: Scheme for Financial Assistance to Cultural Organisations with National Presence
Purpose:┬áThe main purpose of this scheme is to financial assistance to cultural organizations throughout the country who have national presence.
- The applicant Organization should, in order to qualify for grant, have a properly constituted managing body or governing body or governing council with its powers, duties and responsibilities clearly defined and laid down in the form of written constitution.
- It should have facilities, resources, personnel and experience to take up the project for which grant is required.
- The Applicant Organization should be registered in India having an all India Character with national presence and should have operational presence at national/international level.
- The activities of the organization should be primarily or significantly Cultural.
- The Organization should have capacity to do at least 20 events/programmes in a year.
- The Organization should have adequate working strength artistes/staff/volunteers.
- The Organization should have spent Rs.1 crore or more during 3 of the last 5 years on cultural activities.
Financial assistance will be given for all or any of the items listed below:
- Normally up to 25% of total Govt. grant may be utilized for Maintenance (Salary of staff, Office Expenses, Miscellaneous Expenses) and Construction/Repairs/Extension/Restoration/Renovation of the Building of the Institute/Organization/Culture focused on promotion of Art & Culture.
- Normally up to 75% of the total Govt. grant should in any case be utilized for Payment of Honorarium and other miscellaneous expenses on showcasing/production of events important to the preservation or promotion of cultural heritage and arts including Research Projects on promotion of Art & Culture.
Quantum of financial assistance:
- An Organization would normally be given financial assistance amounting to Rs.1.00 crore.
- Further, the financial assistance by the Ministry would be limited to Rs.2.00 crores only.
- However, the amount may be enhanced up to Rs.5.00 crores in exceptional/deserving cases, with the approval of HCM.
- Assistance under the Scheme to an Organization will be restricted to a maximum of 67% of the approved cost, subject to the ceilings given above.
- The balance 33% of the approved cost is to be incurred by the Organization as its ΓÇÌmatching shareΓÇÕ (other than the contribution by State/UT Government/Union Ministries/PSUs/Universities etc.)
For further details, contact below:
|Enquiry time is from 3.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. on all working days.
For queries┬áShri Ashish Kumar, SO (P. Arts) may be contacted on phone