Financial Assistance for Education of Children / Widows of Ex-Servicemen
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Govt of India has a scheme to provide financial assistance to ESM and their widows for helping them in educating their wards.
Objective of this scheme is to provide scholarship to up to a maximum of two dependent children of ESM or their widows, up to the ranks of Havildar in the Army and equivalent in the Navy and Air Force, and to widows for post-graduation degree course.
The following criteria must be fulfilled to avail this grant:
- Applicant must be an ESM/ widow/Orphan dependent.
- Should be of rank Havildar/equivalent and below.
- The child should have passed the previous class.
- Should be recommended by respective Zila Sainik Board (ZSB).
- Should not be drawing education allowance from the State or his Employer.
Education is provided out of AFFD Fund @ Rs.1000/- per month per head (up to max two children) of eligible ESM and their widows, for the previous academic year, payable in one installment in a financial year. This is applicable for classes 1 to 12 of school and undergraduate classes of a degree college. This grant is also admissible to widows who wish to pursue 2-year post graduate degree.
How to apply:
Application should be made on the prescribed application form with recommendation of concerned Zila Sainik Welfare Officer (ZSWO) on it. Copies of the following documents duly attested by the respective ZSWO must accompany the application:
- Complete Discharge Book/Documents.
- ESM or Widow I-Card issued by respective ZSB.
- Mark-sheet / School Progress Card of child/children.
- A certificate from applicant saying that he/she has not taken any money/grant from the state or present employer in the form of education allowance or scholarship.
- Details of Bank A/c No (in PNB/SBI only) and IFS Code.
For More Info:┬áClick Here