Financial Assisstance To Foreign Artists & Cultural Professionals To Study And/Or Learn Indian Culture
The scheme component is for Financial Assistance to Foreign Artists and Cultural Professionals desiring to study and/or learn Indian Culture in any form like dance, music, drama, traditional painting, any other art forms, etc.
It will support foreign artists to learn under independent gurus or schools/ institutions of repute, Indian dance, drama, music, etc. For this purpose the foreign artists will be entitled to a lump sum grant-in-aid amount for expenditure towards course fee, and/or stipend as decided from time to time to cover local expenses and return air-fare on successful completion of the training. The Guru/school/ institution will also be paid an amount as decided from time to time. The duration of the study will be flexible and different modules will be available ΓÇô both short term and long term. This would help in disseminating Indian Culture to far away places and have a global spread of IndiaΓÇÕs rich culture.
Financial assistance is proposed to support the foreign artists to take up study in India in the field of music, dance, drama, etc. of their choice from individual gurus or recognized institutions teaching the same. The individuals/the foreign artists/ students should be interested in learning the art form of their choice and should have identified the guru/institution in India who would be ready to teach him/her. These artists will be supported for maximum of two years and they could then act like vehicles of transmitting our culture to different territories of the world.
- Only individuals /citizens of foreign countries interested in learning any form of Indian art would be eligible to apply for the financial assistance under the scheme.
- The applicant should have identified the Guru/Institution from where he/she wishes to learn and should have an acceptance from the said Guru/Institution to teach him/her. The individuals should have a letter of offer/recommendation/ approval inviting the applicant to the course from the Guru/Institution/Host Organization.
- The applicant should have the facilities/resources to incur expenditure over and above the amount of financial assistance.
Quantum of Assistance:
- The grant would cover expenditure towards the travel cost on actual basis subject to maximum amount of Rs 75,000/- (international airfare from the applicants country to India), course fee and/or stipend to cover local expenses for a maximum of two years.
- The financial assistance shall be a lump sum amount (for meeting the expenditure of the course fee and/or stipend) as ascertained from the concerned Guru/Institution, upto a maximum ceiling of Rs 20,000/- per month to be decided and approved by the Committee.
- In case, where the artist/individual is staying with the Guru/Institution, payment of accommodation charges / stipend will be given as per the recommendations of the Guru/institution, subject to the maximum ceiling prescribed above in four instalments of six months each for a maximum of 2 years.
- In case, the artist/individual is not living with the Guru/Institution, the payment will be made on the basis of rates prevalent in the area concerned subject to a maximum of Rs. 6000/- for Metropolitan cities and Rs. 4000/- for others, as approved by the Committee.
- On successful completion of the course/ training and issue of a certificate to this effect by the guru/institute, the applicant would also be entitled for return airfare (economy class as per actuals subject to a maximum of Rs 75000/-, it includes both side air fare.).
- The individual shall have to bear any expenditure over and above, the amount sanctioned by the Committee and shall submit a bond to this effect before the grant is released.
For More Information: Click Here