Family Counselling Centres: A Scheme to save Women from Atrocities
Name of the scheme: Family Counselling Centres Scheme
Purpose: The Family Counselling Centres (FCCs) would work closely with local authorities like police and other institutions such as Short Stay Homes ┬áand is expected to intervene in ΓÇÌcrisisΓÇÕ cases and in cases of atrocities against women.
The applicant organisations should have experience and a proven track record in social mobilisation work dealing with womenΓÇÕs issues and problems.
- Must have a Masters Degree in Social Work / Psychology.
- Counsellors who do not posses the prescribed qualification, but have been working in the FCC for more than 5 years.
- Counsellors who have undergone orientation training as well as refresher programmes conducted by the Central Board may continue as Counsellor with specific approval of Central Board.
- A monthly honorarium of Rs. 7,000/- is provided to Counselors in Category ΓÇÕAΓÇÕ cities of FCCs where as counselors of Category ΓÇÌBΓÇÕ cities FCCs are provided Rs. 5,500/- per month.
- Financial support for non-recurring item of expenditure increased from Rs. 15,000/- to Rs. 25,000/- (one time grant).
- Cost of other recurring expenditure may be increased from Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- per annum per FCC.
- Provision of Rs. 2.5 crore for Training Programmes of Counsellors and office bearers of FCCs would be provided with┬áRs. 2 lakh for each Training Programme consisting of 30 Counsellors and 30 Office bearers.
- There would be no change in the ratio of matching share to be given by the implementing agencies in respect of other Recurring Expenditure. This would remain 80% share of GOI and 20% share of implementing agency.
For more information regarding the scheme, visit here
┬áApplication form is attached here