Coaching for Scheduled Tribes
The scheduled tribes coming from deprived families and disadvantaged environment find it difficult to compete with those coming from a socially and economically advantageous background. To promote a more level playing field and give ST candidates a better chance to succeed in competitive examinations, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs supports a scheme for coaching.
- Financial assistance will be given for only the eligible ST candidates who undergo coaching.
For Coaching Institution:
- The Pre-Examination Coaching Centres (PECs) run by State Governments, Union Territories, universities and registered private institutions shall be covered under the scheme, for coaching of ST candidates.
- The institution should have the experience to run coaching for competitive examinations for at least three years.
- Candidates can avail coaching once only under the scheme for a particular competitive exam and a maximum of two coaching courses in all.
- The income ceiling of candidate Parents /Self Income under the scheme will be Rs.2.50 lakh per annum.
- Financial Assistance will be provided to the Eligible Candidate.
For More Info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here