Chief Minister Kala-Azar Relief Scheme
Kala Azar or Dumdum Fever is a protozoan parasite disease. This is worldΓÇÕs second largest parasite killer after malaria. The scheme was launched by Bihar Government for care of patients of Kala Azar and compensation of the wages for the duration in which the patient was admitted in the hospital. Financial benefits are provided to the Asha workers to bring the Kala Azar patients to hospitals. The key features of this scheme are enlisted below:
- To provide the compensation for the loss of wages while being in hospital for treatment of Kala Azar.
- To provide the compensation of wages for one attendant for care-taking of the patient.
- To provide cash rewards as encouragement to Asha Workers to bring kala-azar patients to hospital for treatment.
- Rs. 150 for the Patient and Rs 150 for the attendant per day will be given.
- Asha Workers will be given Rs. 50 per patient for bringing to hospital.
- Payment will be made through cheque.
Nodal Agency: District Officers of State Health Committee.
For More Info: Click Here