Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for Students from Scheduled Tribe
Name of the scheme: Top Class Education for ST Students
Purpose: It is a central government scholarship scheme for students belonging to Scheduled Tribes to encourage meritorious ST students for pursing higher studies at Under-Graduate and Post Graduate level in any of the Institutes identified by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs for the purpose.
- It supports meritorious ST students who gain admission in 213 identified quality educational institutions.
- The scholarship will continue till completion of the course depending upon satisfactory performance.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees, boarding and lodging expenses, book grant and a one-time grant for purchase of a Computer along with its accessories.
- 100% funding is provided by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs according to the norms.
- Each identified Institute has been allocated 5 awards, however, it can be increased subject to an overall cap of 625 scholarships per year.
- Family income- The total family income from all sources must not exceed Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
- Only those Scheduled Tribe students who have secured admission in notified Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Full amount of tuition fee and other non-refundable dues in respect of Government/Government-funded institutions are paid.
- If a student is studying in private sector institution, a maximum amount of Rs. 2 lakh per annum per student will apply normally.
- If a student is studying in private sector flying clubs for Commercial Pilot Training the ceiling is Rs. 3.72 lakh per annum per student.
- Living expenses are paid as per actual with a maximum amount of Rs. 2,200/- per month per student.
- An annual grant of Rs. 3,000/- per student will be provided for expenditure on Books and stationery.
- A one-time grant of a maximum Rs. 45,000/- will be provided to students during the entire course for purchase of computer along with accessories.
For more information, click here