Central Govt. Sponsored Scheme of Coaching for Students from Scheduled Tribes
Name of the scheme: Scheme of Coaching for Scheduled Tribes
Purpose: The main purpose of this scheme is to give candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe a better chance to succeed in competitive examinations by providing them adequate coaching in quality coaching institutions to enable them to appear in competitive examinations and succeed in obtaining an appropriate job in the public/private sector.
Eligibility of the Candidates:
- Educational Qualification- Any candidate having the eligible qualifications for that particular competitive exam can apply to the coaching institutions financially assisted by this Ministry. The institutions will have to take these candidates on first come first serve basis till all the seats are filled.
- Candidates can avail coaching only once under the scheme for a particular competitive exam and a maximum of two coaching courses in all.
- Income criteria- Family income from all sources must not exceed beyond Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum.
- Funding shall be on contractual payment basis according to the course.
- The grants will be provided on per student cost basis.
The financial assistance in respect of various courses would be as follows:
|Sl. No.||Name of Competitive Exams||Period of Coaching||Coaching fees to Institution per candidate (in Rs.)|
|1||Civil Services (Prelims)/State Civil Services (Prelims)||Standard as being given to General candidates but not less than 5 months||22,000/-|
|2||Civil Services (Mains)/State Civil Services (Mains)||4 months||15,000/-|
|3||Entrance Exams for Medical, Engg., MBA and other professional courses||Standard as being given to General candidates but not less than 6 months||15,000/-|
|4||Other exams conducted by U.P.S.C. like CDS, NDA, etc./Staff Selection Commission Exam/ Subordinate/ Lower Subordinate Services Exam, Central Excise, etc.||Standard as being given to General candidates but not less than 3 months||10,000/-|
|5||BSRBs/RRBs, GIC, etc.||Standard as being given to General candidates but not less than 3 months||10,000/-|
- The coaching institutions will be provided Rs.20, 000/- fixed for the advertisement of all courses proposed by them in a financial year.
- The concerned State/UT Government will also be provided Rs.25, 000/- fixed for advertisement of this scheme in local/vernacular newspapers in a financial year.
- The students will be given a fixed monthly stipend of Rs.1000/- for the entire period of coaching as mentioned above.
- A monthly financial assistance of Rs. 2000/- will also be provided for boarding and lodging to the outstation students.
How to apply?
Application form has been attached here
For more information, click here