Central Govt. Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students from Minority Communities
Name of the scheme: Pre-Matric Scholarship for students belonging to Minority Communities
Purpose: Purpose of this scholarship is to award scholarship to the meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority communities to enable them to pursue education from class I to X and thereby ease of the financial burden from their parents. The scholarship however is to be awarded for studies in India only.
- Students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination. In the case of students of Class I, the income criteria would be applicable only.
- Family Income- Annual family income must not exceed beyond Rs. 1 lakh.
- A student who is already receiving scholarship from other state or central government or any other financial institutions will not be eligible.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to not more than two students per family.
- 30% of the scholarship will be reserved for girl students. In case girl students are not available then the scholarship earmarked for them will be awarded to eligible boy students.
An actual financial assistance will be provided for course fee/tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned.
|Sl. No.||Item||Hosteller||Day Scholar|
|1||Admission and tuition fee for classes (VI and X||Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actuals.||Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actuals.|
|2||Tuition fee from class VI to X||Rs. 350/- per annum subject to actuals.||Rs. 350/- per annum subject to actuals.|
|3||Maintenance allowance will be payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.|
|(i) classes I and V||Nil||Rs. 100/- per month.|
|(ii) classes VI and X||Rs. 600/- per month subject to actuals.||Rs. 100/- per month.|
How to apply?
To apply, click here
For more information, visit here