Central Govt. Fellowship to Outstanding Persons in the field of Culture
Name of the scheme: Scheme for the award of fellowship to outstanding persons in the field of Culture
Purpose: The main purpose of this fellowship is to award fellowships to outstanding persons in various creative fields of culture.
Senior/Junior Fellowships in the Field of Performing, Literary and Plastic Arts
- Performing Arts ( Music/Dance/Theatre/Folk Traditional & Indigenous Arts including Puppetry)
- Literary Arts (Travelogue/History & Theory of Literature)
- Plastic Arts (Graphics/Sculpture/Painting including Folk Paintings and Research Work on Traditional Paintings/Creative Photography)
Senior/Junior Fellowships in the New Areas related to Culture
In the ΓÇÌNew Areas related to cultureΓÇÕ, projects are sought in the following fields:
- Sociology of Culture
- Cultural Economics
- Structural and Engineering Aspects of Monuments
- Scientific and Technical aspects of Conservation
- Management aspects of Art and Heritage
- Studies relating to application of Science and technology in areas related to culture and creativity.
Number of the fellowships:
The number of fellowships will be up to 400 each year.
Amount of the fellowship:
- These are of two types, namely, senior and junior fellowship.
- The number of senior fellowships will be 200 of the value of Rs.20,000/- each per month for the artistes in the age group of above 40 years.
- The Number of junior fellowships will be 200 and these will be of the value of Rs.10,000/- each per month for the artistes in the age group of 25-40 years.
- Age will be reckoned as on 1st April of the year.
- In addition, there could be a one-time grant up to maximum of Rs. 20,000/- or 50% of the cost of the publication, whichever is less, for publication of selected Project documents.
- This will be restricted to 20% of the awardees.
- Applicant for senior Fellowship should not be the recipient of pension from Ministry of Culture under the scheme for grant of financial assistance to artistes in indigent circumstances.
- An applicant should not have availed of the same fellowship earlier. However an applicant who had been awarded a Junior Fellowship can apply for a Senior Fellowship, provided 5 years have elapsed after the closure of the earlier project.
How to apply? ┬á
Applications for award for Fellowship will be invited every year, through advertisement. Applicants are required to submit online applications on the Website of the Ministry i.e. www.indiaculture.nic.in or CCRT i.e. www.ccrtindia.gov.in┬á
- Section Officer, (S & F) Section at Ph. No. 011-24642157 or through e-mail: scholar-culture[at]nic[dot]in in the Ministry.
- Director, Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, 15-A, Sector-7, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075
E-mail: [email protected]