Bio Diesel Purchase Policy
Bio Diesel is an environment friendly fuel which has no sulphur, no aromatics and has 10% built in oxygen. It does not require infrastructure for storage and dispensing. The plant that produces Bio-Diesel is Jatropha and Soyabean. With the R&D, it has been found that with the blend in diesel upto 20% of Bio-Diesel, we donΓÇÕt need any modification in engine. Seeing the beneficiary of Bio-Diesel, the Government of India has introduced Policy on Bio-Diesel Purchase.
- Large scale plantation of Jatropha Curcus.
- Setting of Expeller units for extracting oil from Jatropha Seeds.
- Setting of Bio-Diesel plants for making Bio-Diesel from Jatropha Oil.
- Blending of Bio-diesel in diesel and marketing of such blended fuel.
Policy for Bio-Diesel Purchase:
- Role of Panchayati Raj Institution-To plant Jatropha in degraded forest land, Farmers field boundaries, fallow land, agro forestry.
- Bio diesel manufactures should approve their samples and get certified by oil companies.
- Oil Companies shall purchase bio-diesel(B100)having standard quality prescribed in Bureau of Industrial Standards(BIS)
- The purchase centre should have consultation with Indian Oil Corporation, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation and Bharat Petroleum Corporation.
- Public Oil Sector Marketing Companies in should approach State level co-ordinator pertaining to the state.
- All Expenses related to the testing of the Bio-Diesel shall accept the consignment by the oil marketing Companies. Every consignment tested should have following specification-
- Density at degree 15 C
- Kinematic Viscosity at degree 40┬áC
- Flash Point, Water Content, Copper Corrosion and Acid Value.
For More Info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here