A Girl child is a joy, no less than a boy: “Beti Hai Anmol Yojana” : HP
It is a scheme by the Government of Himachal Pradesh, Ministry of Social Welfare and Justice to save girl child and improve the sex ratio of the state.
- To increase the number of girl child in the state.
- Empower women.
- To stop child marriages.
- To make them educated and self reliant.
- To change the mindset of community having negative outlook on having a girl child.
- Must be the resident of Himachal Pradesh state.
- Parent must be from BPL category at the time of giving birth to girl child.
- Newborn baby must be a girl child.
- At the time of birth: Couple will get Rs. 10, 000 from state government in their post office/bank account.
- Only two allowances are allowed: Each couple can avail the benefit for maximum of two times. Rs. 10, 000 each girl child.
- Scholarship for education: The scheme also provides scholarship to girl from 1st to 12th standard of her education which ranges from Rs. 300 to Rs. 1500 for her books and school uniform
Pattern of scholarship given by the government:–
- 1st to 3rd standard ┬á: Rs. 300 scholarship
- 4th standard : ┬áRs. 500 scholarship
- 5th standard : Rs. 600 scholarship
- 6th & 7th standard : Rs. 700 scholarship
- 8th standard : Rs. 800 scholarship
- 9th & 10th standard : Rs. 1000 scholarship
- 11th & 12th standard : Rs. 1500 scholarship
How to apply
At time of childbirth beneficiary has to write an application to Child Development authority with supportive documents and for getting scholarship child has to write an application to Child Scheme Development officer via school principal
Contact any one of the following for more info:
- Aanganwadi Center
- District Programme Office
- Child Development Project Office
For More Info: Click Here