Ministry of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises,Govt of India has come up with a scheme of fund for regeneration of traditional industries (SFURTI).
- To organize the traditional industries and artisans into clusters to make them competitive and provide support for their long term sustainability.
- To provide sustained employment and to enhance marketability of products of such clusters,to equip traditional artisans of the associated clusters with the improved skills.
- To make provision for common facilities and improved tools and equipments for artisans,to strengthen the cluster governance systems with the active participation of the stakeholders, and to build up innovated and traditional skills, improved technologies, advanced processes, market intelligence and new models of public-private partnerships, so as to gradually replicate similar models of cluster-based regenerated traditional industries.
Following institutions can apply:
- Non-Government organizations (NGOs)
- Institutions of the Central and State Governments and semi-Government institutions
- Field functionaries of State and Central Govt
- Panchayati Raj institutions (PRIs)
- Private sector by forming cluster specific SPVs
- Corporates and corporate Responsibillity (CSR) foundations with expertise to undertake cluster development
- The financial assistance provided for any specific project shall be subject to a maximum of Rs 8 (eight) crore to support Soft, Hard and Thematic interventions.
|TYPE OF CLUSTERS||PER CLUSTER BUDGET LIMIT|
|Heritage Clusters (1000-2500 artisans)||Rs 8 crore|
|Major Clusters (500-1000 artisans)||Rs 3 crore|
|Mini-Clusters (Upto 500 artisans)||Rs 1.5 crore
- For North east/J & K and Hill States, there will be 50% reduction in the number of artisans per cluster.
How to Apply:
Nominee of the deceased Khadi Karigar to submit original death certificate to Pension Group Schemes Department of LIC of India through the Khadi institution under which the deceased was a member.
For More Info: Click Here