The objective of the Scheme is to support voluntary cultural organizations and government-aided cultural organizations in their efforts to create appropriately equipped training, rehearsal and performance spaces for artistes.
Eligible Organisations are:
- The organization has a predominantly cultural profile, working primarily for the promotion of arts and culture in fields such as dance, drama, theatre, music, fine arts, indology and literature at least for a period of three years.
- The organization is registered as a society under the Registration of Societies Act (XXI of 1860) or similar Acts, or as a Trust or as a Not-for-Profit Company, at least for a period of three years.
- The organization is well established and known to be doing meaningful work in the field of its activity and has gained a local, regional or national identity.
- Its charter is devoted to the preservation, propagation and promotion of Indian arts and culture.
- An organization that has been receiving salary grant for the last 3 years under the Ministry’s Scheme of “Financial Assistance to Professional Groups and Individuals Engaged for Specified Performing Arts Projects” will be deemed to have fulfilled all the above conditions.
- A Government-sponsored body, University Department/Centre or College dedicated to the performing arts may also be automatically eligible, provided its record over the preceding three years is satisfactory.
- Religious institutions, public libraries, museums, schools, colleges or University Departments/Centres that are not specifically dedicated for the performing arts and allied cultural activities, departments or offices of the Central Government/ State Governments/ U.T. Administrations/ Local Bodies will not be eligible.
- An organization that has availed of a grant for its building project grant under the erstwhile Scheme of Building Grants to Cultural Organizations or under this scheme will not be eligible for a second grant.
- Government-sponsored bodies for promoting the performing arts.
- University Departments or Centres dedicated to the performing arts.
- Colleges set up to promote the performing arts.
- All grants under the Scheme will be of a non-recurring nature. Recurring expenditure, if any, will be the responsibility of the grantee organization. Maximum assistance under the scheme will be as under:
CITIES TYPE OF PROJECT LIMIT OF ASSISTANCE Bangalore Projects involving new construction or purchase of built up space Rs. 50 lakhs Chennai Delhi Hyderabad All other projects Rs. 25 lakhs Kolkata Mumbai All non-Metro cities, towns or places All projects Rs. 25 lakhs
How to apply:
- National School of Drama (NSD) under the Ministry of Culture will notify the Scheme annually through NSD’s/Ministry’s websites.
- A brief advertisement to publicize the scheme will be brought out at least once a year by Ministry of Culture.
- Applications in the prescribed proforma would have to be submitted to “The Director, National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House, Plot No.1, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi – 110 001.
- Applications received without any of these mandatory documents will not be taken up for consideration and returned to the sender.
For More Info: Click here