The Ministry of Minority Affairs, GoI, has a scheme for state waqf boards for improving their income generation and to make them self sufficient.
- To make administration and management of the waqf properties transparent and accountable.
- To ensure the sound functioning and institutional capacity of the State Waqf Boards
- To improve their income generation
- To eliminate their dependence on outside financial support.
The grants-in-aid would be provided to State Waqf Boards who fulfill the following conditions
- Have a legally constituted Waqf Board
- Have a full-time CEO
- Ensure to have Rules and Regulations framed and approved by the State Government
- Ensure up-to-date conduct of audit of the accounts of the Board by auditor(s) appointed under authority.
- Ensure up-to-date audit of the accounts of mutawallis by auditors appointed under authority.
- To ensure that survey of all waqf properties and registration of the properties are completed
- Update information to track to recover alienated, encroached or unauthorisedly occupied waqf properties.
- Send periodical reports.
- Ensure timely completion of the scheme “Computerization of Records of State Waqf Boards”.
- Under Component-I, funds would be provided for meeting the training and administrative costs of their establishments.
- Under Component II, funds would be provided in connection with removal of encroachment from waqf properties.
- Under Component-III, funds would be provided for strengthening of zonal/regional level offices keeping in view the number of districts as well as the number of waqf properties in the State.
For More Info: Click Here