This Scheme seeks to give assistance to young artistes of outstanding promise for advanced training within India in the field of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Theatre, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music.
Total Number of Scholarships: 400
Subjects/Fields in which Scholarships can be awarded:
- Indian Classical Music
Classical Hindustani Music (Vocal and Instrumental) Classical Carnatic Music (Vocal & Instrumental etc.)
- Indian Classical Dance/ Dance Music
Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam, Odissi Dance/ Music, Manipuri Dance/ Music, Thangta, Gaudiya Nritya, Chhau Dance/ Music, Sattriya dance.
Any specialized aspect of theatre art, including acting, direction, etc., but excluding playwriting and research.
- Visual Arts
Graphics, Sculpture, Painting, Creative Photography, Pottery & Ceramics, etc.
- Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts
Puppetry, Folk Theatre, Folk dances, Folk Songs, Folk Music, etc.( An indicative list can be seen at Para 10 ‘Note’)
- Light Classical Music
- Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Qawali, Ghazal,
- Light Classical music based on Carnatic Style, etc.
- Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Geeti, Atulprasad.
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Candidates should have an adequate general education to pursue their training effectively.
- Candidates must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of their training effectively.
- As the scholarships are meant for advanced training and not for beginners, candidates must have already acquired a degree of proficiency in the chosen field.
- The candidate should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institutes. The Certificate to this effect in Part II of the Proforma duly signed by the present Guru / Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application.
- Candidates should have an adequate knowledge in the connected arts/ disciplines.
- The candidate’s age should not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 1st April of the year in which the application is being made. Age relaxation is not permissible.
Duration and Term of Scholarship:
- The duration of scholarship will be two years.
- The nature of training will be determined in each case after taking into consideration the previous training and background of the scholar. Normally, it will be in the nature of advance training under a Guru/ Master or in a recognized institution.
- The Scholar will be required to undergo a rigorous training. Such training will include minimum of three hours a day for practice alone apart from the time spent for acquiring knowledge of the theory of the subject/field concerned and also an appreciation of the related disciplines.
- Each scholar will be paid Rs. 5000/- per month for a period of two years to cover his/ her living expenses on traveling, books, art material or other equipment and tuition or training charges, if any.
For More Information: Click Here