Jammu & Kashmir Government announced this scheme “Ladli Beti” exclusively for new born girl child of the State born on or after 01st April, 2015.
- To arrest the declining female sex ratio.
- To reduce the financial burden of the girl’s parents.
- To ensure that the girl child does not become a burden for the parent or guardian at the time of her marriage.
The scheme is a hybrid deposit plan having two phases:
Phase I: A recurring deposit for 14 years having date of completion as one month after the last installment received in the account. The monthly contribution in Phase I is made by the J&K Govt.
Phase II: A Cumulative Term Deposit (CCR) for 07 years.
- Recurring deposit account under this scheme shall be opened by the natural or legal guardian of the girl child.
- A contribution of Rs. 1000/- per month will be made by J&K Government from the birth of the girl child / account opening date for the next 14 years. (A total of Rs. 168000/- only will be contributed by the state.)
- After the maturity of Phase I (recurring deposit account) the account will graduate to Phase II (Cumulative Term Deposit account).
- No withdrawals or closure will be allowed under any circumstances during any phase.
- Girl Child born on or after 01/04/2015 whose applications are complete in all respects.
- Application accompanied with sanction letter from Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) of the selected domiciliary district (Anantnag, Budgam, Jammu, Kathua, Pulwama, Samba).
- Girl child born to parents whose annual income from all sources is less than Rs 75000.
- Nomination facility will not be applicable in scheme.
- Maturity benefits under the scheme will be paid to the beneficiary on completion of 21 years of age or 21 years after the first installment or 85 months after the last installment whichever is later by crediting the saving bank account of the girl child.
How to Apply
- Application Form.
- KYC Norms of Parent/ Guardian.
- Sanction letter from Child Development Project Officer.
For More Info: Click Here.