Department of Land Resources, Govt of India has a investment promotional scheme for development of non-forest wastelands.
- To facilitate/attract/channelise/mobilise resources from financial institutions, banks, corporate bodies including user industries and other entrepreneurs for development of wastelands in non-forest areas belonging to Central and State Governments, panchayats, village communities, private farmers, etc.
- To promote group of farmers belonging to different categories, namely large, small, marginal & SCs/STs for bringing wastelands under productive use.
- To facilitate production and flow of additional biomass including farm-forestry products used as raw material inputs for different types of industries.
- To facilitate employment generation through land development and other allied land based and related activities including Plantations.
Projects promoted by Central and State Governments undertakings, Co-operative Institutions, Public Trusts and Societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, Corporate Bodies registered under the Companies Act, Individual entrepreneurs and Individual/group of farmers would be eligible for the promotional grant/promotional subsidy under the Scheme.
- There will be no limit on the total project cost, but subsidy from Government of India/Dept. of Wastelands Development (DOWD) will be on on-farm development activities only.
- The quantum of subsidy will be as below:
|25% of on-farm development activities or Rs.25 lakhs, whichever is less.|
|30% of on-farm development activities or Rs.25 lakhs, whichever is less.|
|(iii)||(a) Marginal Farmers –
(Individual / Group)
|50% of on-farm development activities or Rs.25 lakhs whichever is less.|
|(b) SC/ST Farmers without any limit in the area of holdings (Individual/Group).||Same as (iii)(a) above.|
How to Apply:
Proposals for assistance under the Scheme would be received by DOWD in the prescribed format. Such proposals should be supported with a letter of intent and letter of sanction of the project indicating the firmed up cost of the project and the means of financing by the financial institutions/ banks concerned.
For More Info: Click Here
For Updates Download our App: Click Here