The voluntary sector in India has played a major role in rural development, through mobilizing communities and catalyzing people’s initiatives for change, as well as through direct implementation of interventions around specific issues.
Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology (CAPART), is working for the betterment and advancement of rural and backward areas and for this there is a scheme “Rural Areas Development Scheme”.
- To encourage, promote and assist voluntary action in the implementation of projects for the enhancement of rural prosperity.
- To strengthen and promote voluntary efforts in rural development with focus on injecting new technological inputs in this behalf.
- To act as the national nodal point for coordination of all efforts at generation and dissemination of technologies relevant to rural development in its wider sense.
- To act as a catalyst for development of technology appropriate for the rural areas, by identifying and funding research and development efforts and pilot projects by different agencies and institutions particularly voluntary organizations.
- To act as a conduit for transfer of appropriate technology to Government Departments, public sector undertaking, cooperative societies, voluntary agencies and members of public to encourage adoption of modern techniques and appropriate technology in rural development.
- To act as a clearinghouse of information and data bank.
- Registration under the Societies Registration Act,1860 (or a State amendment of this Act), the Indian Trusts Act, 1862, or the Charitable and Religious Trusts Act,1920.
- At least three years of experience of working in the field after registration.
- A strong field presence and experience of mobilising communities to act for development.
Assisting over voluntary organizations across the country in implementing a wide range of development initiatives.
How to Apply
- It has been mandatory for VOs to apply online through National Portal (NGO-PS).
- VOs registered on NGO-PS will apply their projects online to CAPART and thereafter can check the status of their application/project both through website of CAPART and NGO-PS.
- It will also be mandatory for VOs/Evaluators to submit all their reports online.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.