- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on Wednesday approved two road projects, one in Madhya Pradesh and another in Telangana.
- The projects will be executed under the flagship road building programme National Highways Development Project (NHDP) at a cost of Rs 4,721 crore.
- After completion of the Telangana project, the whole stretch from Hyderabad to Warangal would be 4-laned.
- The CCEA has given its approval for development of the four laning of the Guna-Biaora and Biaora-Dewas section of National Highway — 3 in Madhya Pradesh with an estimate cost of Rs 2,815.69 crore.
- The statement said the cost is estimated to be Rs 1,081.9 crore for Guna-Biaora, including land acquisition, resettlement and rehabilitation and other pre-construction activities.
- The total length of the road will be approximately 93.5 km.
- The main object of the project is to expedite the improvement of infrastructure in Madhya Pradesh and also in reducing the time and cost of travel for traffic, particularly heavy traffic, plying between Guna-Biaora-Dewas.
- About the Telangana project, the statement said the CCEA approved,development of the four laning of the Yadgiri- Warangal section of National Highway — 163 in Telangana.
Source:The Economic Times