Roshni is one of the sub-schemes under ASDP. The Ministry of Rural Development in 2013, launched a new skill development scheme designed to offer employment to tribal youth in critical Left Wing Extremist (LWE) affected districts. These LWE districts are named as ‘Roshni Districts’ and are 24 in numbers. Roshni will be extended to cover all tribal areas and will be oriented towards addressing the infrastructure, education and health deficiencies in these areas, and leveraging the availability of natural resources and traditional skills and knowledge.
- The scheme aims to train 50,000 youths in 3 years provide at least 75% of them with jobs in the organized sectors.
- At least 50% of the candidates covered under the scheme should be women.
- The scheme would provide customized and fully residential training with duration ranging from 3 months to one year.
- Special efforts will be made to benefit Primitive Tribal Groups (PGTs) on a priority basis.
- Persons should be between the age of 18-35 years.
- Persons should belong to one of the Roshni districts.
- Persons who are eligible but left to gain benefits from Aajeevika scheme.
List of Roshni Districts:
|1. Visakhapatnam||2. Gaya||3. Jamui||4. Balrampur|
|5. Bijapur||6. Sukma||7. Kanker||8. Narayanpur|
|9. Chatra||10. Garhwa||11. Gumla||12. Latehar|
|13. Palamau||14. West Singhbhum||15. Balaghat||16. Gadchiroli|
|17. Gajapati||18. Kandhamal||19. Koraput||20. Malkangiri|
|21. Nuapada||22. Rayagada||23. Sonebhadra||24. Midnapore West|
For More Details: Click Here