- Basing on target announced by Indian government on solar energy, it is expected that there may be rise in manufacturing capacity for Solar cells and Modules.
- Manufacturing capacity of solar cells and modules will be increased from 1,386 MW to 2,500 MW and 2,756 MW to 5,000 MW per annum, respectively.
- This rise will create 25,000 jobs in manufacturing sector and bring in investment of about ₹30,000 crore
- Government’s ambitious target of 100 GW of grid connected solar power project grabbed the interest of manufacturers from various countries like the US, China, Japan, Germany, Canada etc. and to set up manufacturing units in the country
- Provision of domestic content requirements has been introduced in procurement of solar power under government scheme for grid connected solar power for encouraging domestic manufacturers.
- Solar Corporation of India has brought out tenders to set up 75 MW solar projects with cells and modules made in India.