- The defence division of Tata Motors, is eyeing Rs 60,000 crore contracts to build combat vehicles, and supply main battle tanks to the Indian Army as it aims to defend its leadership position among the private companies.
- The Mumbai-based company bagged a Rs 914 crore contract to supply 1,239 indigenously developed high mobility multi-axel vehicles.
- Tata Motors has an order book of Rs 1,500 crore to be executed over the next two years.
- The wheeled infantry combat vehicle is being built by Tata Motors in association with the Defence Research and Developent Organisation for which the Army is looking to procure 100 units.
- Indian companies are fast building capabilities to grab a piece of the defence pie.
- The Rs 60,000 crore contract to build Future Infantry Combat Vehicle (FICV) is one of the biggest defence contracts of recent times.