In order to effectively improve the health status of women and children and fulfil the unmet need for Family Welfare services in the country, especially the poor and under served by reducing infant child and maternal mortality and morbidity, Government of India launched the RCH Programme during 1997-98.
- Currently the initiatives that are being implemented by the Department of Family Welfare to achieve these goals are:
- Control of deaths due to acute respiratory infection,
- Control of deaths due to diarrheal diseases.
- Provision of essential new born care
- Vitamin-A supplementation to children between the ages of 6 months to 3 years.
- Iron Folic Acid supplementation to children under five years of age.
- Implementation of Exclusive breast feeding upto to the age of 6 months and appropriate practices related to complementary feeding.
Activities on focus:
- Iron and folic acid supplementation
- Vitamin A supplementation
Children & Woman
For More Details: Click Here