Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries to enhance the productivity of the indigenous breeds of India through professional farm management and superior nutrition has formulated this mission.
- To undertake breed improvement programme for indigenous cattle breeds so as to improve the genetic makeup and increase the stock.
- To enhance milk production and productivity of indigenous bovines.
- To upgrade nondescript cattle using elite indigenous breeds like Gir, Sahiwal, Rathi, Deoni, Tharparkar, Red Sindhi as reported by NDRI Karnal.
- To distribute disease free high genetic merit bulls of indigenous breeds for natural service.
- Establishment of Village level Integrated Indigenous Cattle Centres or Gokul Grams.
- Strengthening of bull mother farms to conserve high genetic merit Indigenous Breeds.
- Establishment of Field Performance Recording (FPR) in the breeding tract.
- Assistance to Institutions/Institutes which are repositories of best germplasm.
- Implementation of Pedigree Selection Programme for the Indigenous Breeds with large population.
- Establishment of Breeder‟s Societies: Gopalan Sangh.
- Distribution of disease free high genetic merit bulls for natural service.
- Incentive to farmers for maintaining elite animals of indigenous breeds.
- Heifer rearing programme on 25% subsidy basis.
- Award to Farmers (“Gopal Ratna” ) and Breeders‟ Societies ( “Kamadhenu” )
- Organization of Milk Yield Competitions for indigenous breeds.
- Organization of Training Programme for technical and non technical personnel working at the Institutions engaged in cattle development.
State Implementing Agency (SIA viz Livestock Development Boards).
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.