The Scheme provides for financial assistance to patients, living below poverty line who is suffering from major life threatening diseases, to receive medical treatment at any of the super specialty Govt. hospitals / institutes or other Govt. hospitals .The financial assistance to such patients is released in the form of ‘one time grant’ to the Medical Superintendent of the hospital in which the treatment is being received.
Incentives: Financial assistance for treatment
Beneficiaries: BPL patients suffering from major life threatening diseases
List of Treatments to be provided under RAN:
- Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery
- Neurosurgery – Neurology
- Mental Illness
- Miscellaneous- Other major illness/treatment/intervention considered appropriate for financial assistance by Medical Superintendent/Committee of Doctors could be considered for grant.
How to avail benefits:
To avail financial assistance under RAN, the patient is required to submit:
- Application form in prescribed pro forma duly signed by the treating doctor and countersigned by the Medical Superintendent of the Government hospital/institute.
- Copy of the income certificate.
- Copy of the ration card.
- Revolving Funds have been set up in 12 Central Government Hospitals/Institutes and funds upto Rs. 50 lakhs are placed at their disposal for providing treatment upto Rs. 2 lakh in each case.
- Cases involving treatment beyond 2 lakh are referred to Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India for providing funds.
For More Details: Click Here