- In the run up to the Resurgent Rajasthan Partnership Summit, agreements worth over Rs 1.5 lakh crore have been signed with companies from solar, mining, textiles and petroleum sectors, as the state gears up to become a major investment destination.
- Minister of State for Power, Coal and Renewable Energy, Shri Piyush Goyal said, “Rajasthan is a leading State in renewable energy like Solar Power. State Government has already signed MoUs for 25000 MW in solar power production. Rs.1.5 lakh crore investments in these solar parks will surely add to Rajasthan’s economy.”
- Besides, textiles is the only sector in the state which gets an interest subsidy on term loan taken from financial institutions, this is in addition to the interest subsidy offered by the government of India under Technology Upgradation Fund (TUF) Scheme.
- A large number of textile firms have set up plants in Rajasthan and the state has received investment proposals scaling up to Rs 5,000 crore in the textile sector.
- These units on becoming operational will generate enough employment opportunities for 20,000 to 25,000 persons in the next 2 years.