- Mass Transit System operators, such as Mumbai Metro, Delhi Metro and Indian Railways, can now issue pre-paid cards — a move that will allow commuters to avoid long queues during rush hours.
- The central bank has said that the balance in the card issued by PPI-MTS should not exceed Rs 2,000.
- Also, MTS operators will not be allowed to refund cash that is stocked in pre-paid instruments (PPIs).
- The card should have a minimum validity of six months from the date of issue.
- The pre-paid cards can be used at other merchants as long as their activities are allied and are within the premises of the transit system.