Home » News » Rail Ministry Announces New Rule for Online Ticket Booking
Photo Courtesy- www.digitalindia.indiaincorporated.com
Photo Courtesy- www.digitalindia.indiaincorporated.com

Rail Ministry Announces New Rule for Online Ticket Booking

The Ministry of Railways has issued a new rule pertaining to that of online ticket booking through IRCTC website thereby reducing the maximum number of ticket bookings permitted to an individual from current 10 to 6 tickets.

  • The new measures will come into effect from 15th of February.
  • This move has been taken into force to prevent any possible misusage by agents and touts.
  • However, the Ministry has said that the genuine users will not be affected by this move which will now allow only 6 tickets per individual per month.
  • According to government’s data, 90% of the users book only up to 6 tickets in a month and the rest 10% book more than 6 tickets. This 10% thus indicates the agents or touts.

new-infographic (1)

(Source: The Hindu)

Check Also

PC: sparkpr.in

Global Rajasthan Agri Tech Meet (GRAM) : 2016

The Government of Rajasthan is committed to developing agriculture and allied ecosystem to increase farm ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *