- The government has decided to outsource the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan publicity campaign to a professional agency for the next four years and has earmarked nearly Rs 200 crore for this.
- The Swachh Bharat mission is to be implemented at a total cost of Rs 62,009 crore with a targeted construction of 1.04 crore household toilets and 2.55 lakh public toilets.
- For 2014-15, Rs 900 crore was sanctioned by the Union Ministry of Urban Development.
- According to sources, the government has already spent nearly Rs 100 crore on advertising the project.
- Initially, Rs 170 crore was allocated to the I&B ministry but this is slated to go up in the next few months.