- IAS and IPS officers will now need to take prior permission from the central government before accepting gifts worth more than Rs 5,000.
- According to the recently amended all India services rules, they also need to inform government if they accept gifts of over Rs 25,000 from their relatives or friends.
- The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has notified All India Services (Conduct) Amendment Rules, 2015.
- The rules have been amended and ministries concerned have been told to bring them into the notice of all IAS, IPS and IFoS officers.
- As per the old rules, they were to inform government after receiving gifts from near relatives, friends, or on occasions such as wedding, anniversaries, funerals and religious functions if their value exceed Rs 5,000 .