The object of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to enable the children of scavengers of dry latrines, tanners, flayers and sweepers who have traditional link with scavenging to pursue pre matric education.
- Scholarship will be admissible to the children of Indian Nationals who irrespective of their religion are actively engaged in scavenging of dry latrines and other unclean occupation.
- Benefits will be available to the children of those sweepers only who have traditional links with scavenging.
- Children who have been adopted by persons in unclean profession will be given benefits after 3 years’ time period.
- All children of parents will be eligible while in respect of class IX and X, only two children of the same parents would be eligible for the award.
- Students from Class I to Class X will be eligible.
- Institutions recognised by state government will be eligible for this scheme.
- For Hostellers:
- Class 3 to 8 students will be given Rs. 300 per month for 10 months.
- Class 9 and 10 students will be given Rs. 375 per month for 10 months.
- For Day Scholars:
- Class 1 to 5 students will be given Rs. 40 per month for 10 months.
- Class 6 and 8 students will be given Rs. 60 per month for 10 months
- Class 9 and 10 students will be given Rs. 75 per month for 10 months
- Reader allowance of Rs. 100 per month for blind students in class 9 and 10.
- Transport allowance of Rs. 50 per month for disabled students.
- Special pay of Rs. 100 per month to employee of hostel willing to extend help to orthopedically handicapped student.
- Escort allowance of Rs. 50 per month for severely handicapped students.
- Allowance of Rs. 100 per month for mentally retarded and ill students.
For More Info: Click Here