Dry bulk cargo currently makes up 26% of the cargo handled at the 12 major ports in India. The present policy paper lays down standardized guidelines for all major ports to compute performance norms for different dry bulk commodities. The Policy recommends penalties & incentive structures to be instituted by all major ports based on the performance norms calculated.
- Provide a standardized framework for calculation of norms, specific to the commodity handled and the infrastructure available on the berth.
- Overall turn-around time of ships, drive higher cargo throughput using the available.
- Improve utilization of port assets and create additional capacity without any significant capital investment.
- Increase competitiveness of the Major Port by creating value for the trade.
- Proper framework of the Dry Cargo System.
For More Info: Click Here