- Students from the areas under the Guntur Urban Police District limits applying for passport have a good news.
- The Guntur Urban Police have put in place an online mode of verification of the applicants.
- Guntur Urban Superintendent of Police Sarva Sresth Tripathi, the brain behind the move, said the new initiative is expected to ease the process of verification.
- Students have developed in-house software which enables the online processing of the applications.
- The process would be completed within 24 hours and the applicants will get the passport within 10 to 15 days.
On an average, the Guntur Urban Police receive 50 to 60 passport applications every day.
The manual verification process usually takes around 10 to 15 days, but with the new initiative, the process would be completed in a day.
- Director-General of Police J.V Ramudu will launch the online passport verification system at the Umesh Chandra Conference Hall on Monday.