- Narendra Modi unveiled three flagship government schemes that aim to spruce up urban India at an expenditure of close to Rs 4 lakh crore, and these cities will be two steps ahead of the needs of people.
- Under ‘Housing for All by 2022’, the government plans to build 20 million homes for the urban poor.
- Modi said the plans were firmed up after feedback from all stakeholders including real estate developers, international exports and financial institutions.
- Private developers are aware of the growth of a city and accordingly they build homes.
- Smart cities will be selected through competition and each city will get central funding of Rs 100 crore a year for five years.
Source: The Economic Times