- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has called for accelerating the delivery of benefits, and expanding the applications of the Aadhaar (UID) platform.
- The Prime Minister today reviewed the progress of UID and DBT at a high-level meeting.
- The Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh, Ministers of State in the Finance and Home Ministries Shri Jayant Sinha and Shri Haribhai Chaudhary, Vice Chairman of the NITI Aayog Shri Arvind Panagariya, and senior officials from various Ministries of the Government of India attended the meeting.
- PM called for expansion of the applications of the Aadhaar platform, so that its benefits can be extended to as many public services as possible. He directed concerned officials to identify applications, where concrete results can be achieved in the next two months.
- Appreciating the progress made in some areas, the Prime Minister directed the strengthening of the institutional mechanism related with Aadhaar and DBT, using a portion of the savings being achieved.
- PM also asked concerned officers to examine the possibility of incentivizing states through a one-time sharing of a portion of the savings, as a result of successful implementation of DBT scheme.
- The Prime Minister was informed about the current status of Aadhaar enrolment, and the direct transfer of benefits in various sectors. Among other savings, the Prime Minister was informed that a total of 14 to 15 percent saving is being achieved in LPG subsidy alone, as a result of elimination of leakages, and de-duplication.
Source:Press Information Bureau