Directorate of Social Welfare under Bihar Government has demised Parvarish scheme to provide allowances as grant for upbringing/foster care of orphans and children of widows and disabled child (of selected categories) of the economically weaker sections of society.
- Orphans up to the age of 18 years who are being fostered by their kin.
- Children up to 18 years of age of the widows covered under Laxmibai Pension Scheme.
- Physically disabled children up to the age of 10 years.
- These children should belong to BPL family or those families whose annual income is less then Rs. 30,000 .
- Orphans and other children residing in orphanages or destitute homes or juvenile homes or other such institutions financed by Government will not be eligible under this Scheme.
The financial assistance of Rs. 3000 bi-annually to be paid though Post Office account in the name of the child and operated by the widow or the applicant family head.
For More Information: Click Here