The Panchayti Raj policy of Uttar Pradesh aims to the complete the mission of PRIs through transfer of powers, functions, functionaries and funds. Proper execution of elections, to oversee the offices and official appointed are the major targets of this policy. Various schemes implemented by Panchayti Raj Instituitions (PRIs) are enlisted as follows and brief description of them is also given:
Development of Cremation Grounds:
- The esteemed scheme was introduced by the State Govt in 2014-15.
- The cremation grounds without proper infrastructure and are in use will be developed under the scheme.
- Platforms, prayer house, store fire-woods and other civic facilities such as drinking water and toilets etc., would be constructed at the site.
- Panchayats to construct the infrastructure facilities.
Central Finance Commission (CFC):
- Funds on the recommendations of Central Finance Commission (CFC) are being received by the State Panchayats since 1996-97.
- Currently, as in SFC, 20% funds to Zila Panchayts, 10% to Kshettra Panchayats and 70 % to Gram Panchayats are being devolved.
- Funds are not tied to any schemes at the village level, however, funds are to be used on priority basis on the schemes pertaining to drinking water and sanitation
State Finance Commission (SFC):
- The main objective of the SFC is to discern and recommend the ways and means to improve and invent the new sources of income of Panchayats and recommend the formula of distribution of funds from the State divisible pool to the Municipalities and Panchayats.
- Currently, out of the total divisible pool in total net tax receipts of the State, 60% is being given to Municipalities/ULBs and 40% to Panchayati Raj Institutions(PRIs)
- Funds devolved under the recommendation of SFC -to the Panchayats are utilized on the maintenance of assets owned by Panchayats.
Backward Region Grant Fund (BRGF):
- The Scheme is aimed at filling the critical gaps in local infrastructure and developmental schemes by taking the schemes which are required at Panchayat and Municipal level
- The scheme is being implemented in 35 districts of the State
- Works/ Schemes are selected by Panchayats and ULBs which are finalized in the District Planning Committee of the district, constituted under UP District Planning Committee Act 1999
Rajeev Gandhi Panchayat Shashktikaran Abhiyan (RGPSA):
- The main objective is to strengthen PRIs through various actions
- The State Govt has taken a number of actions to strengthen the Panchayati Ra Institutions (PRIs)
- The scheme is being used as an opportunity to strengthen Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs). The State Govt has taken up Construction of Panchayat Bhawans and placement of a Panchahat Sahayaks in each of the 16,432 Gram Panchayats and equip them with laptops under the programme.
- The scheme is sponsored by MoPR, GoI with 75% funding from the Centre and 25% from the State.
Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA):
- Operational since April 2012.
- Was known as Total Sanitation Campaign till March 2012.
- The ambit of beneficiaries has been extended from families living below poverty line to other poor/ low income groups in the rural areas.
- Construction of Individual household latrines, toilets in schools and anganwadis and action on solid & liquid waste management are the activities which are being undertaken.
- Target- declare state of Uttar Pradesh as ‘Nirmal Uttar Pradesh’ by 2022.
For More Info: Click Here