- The government has brought 39 more drugs used to treat various diseases under price control as part of its efforts to make medicines affordable in the country.
- As per the notification, the prices of formulations including Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Cefotaxime, Paracetamol, Domperidone and Metformin+Glimepiride have been fixed.
- The latest move of the government will impact various pharmaceutical companies.
- The new medicines are the latest additions to the price control list, which covers over 500 drugs.
- At present, the government caps prices of essential drugs based on the simple average of all medicines in a particular therapeutic segment with sales of more than 1 per cent.