Name of the scheme: North-Eastern Council (NEC) Scholarship
Purpose: Disbursement of online NEC Scholarships is one of the important welfare measures of the Government of Tripura which is aimed at the educational upliftment of students Below Poverty Line (BPL), initiated by the Department of NEC.
These NEC stipends and book grants are available for studies in India only and are awarded by the North Eastern States from the fund allotted by North Eastern Council Secretariat, Shillong.
|Current Stipend Rates|
|Level of study||Stipend||Book-grant|
|Diploma||Rs. 900/- p.m.||Rs. 1000/- p.a|
|Degree||Rs. 1000/- p.m.||Rs. 1400/- p.a.|
|Post Graduate||Rs. 1200/- p.m.||Rs. 2000/- p.a.|
|M.Phil||Rs. 1500/- p.m.||Rs. 3000/- p.a.|
|Ph.D.||Rs. 1500/- p.m.||Rs. 3000/- p.a.|
- A candidate must be a permanent resident of any of the North East States.
- The certificate to this effect obtained from the Deputy Commissioner of the district in which the candidate is a permanent resident must be produced by the candidate. However, certificates from any other authority will not be accepted.
- The candidate must have the relevant qualification from any recognized institution and he/she has to produce an original certificate from the Institution of study.
- The maximum marks for the grant of stipend should be 75% for General /OBC/MOBC and 60% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying examination for Diploma, Degree and Post-Graduate courses.
- Selection of students from M.Phil. and Ph.D should be done on the basis of topic of research which has relevance to N.E. Region.
How to apply?
Click here to apply