North East Textile Promotion Scheme is to develop and modernize the textile sector in the North East Region. It focuses on increasing the value of textile production, technology upgradation, capability improvement and value addition. The scheme also facilitates the improvement in labour productivity, market access & market promotion.
- Develop and modernize the textile sector in the region
- Increase textile production.
- Technology upgradation.
- Provide better access to domestic and export markets
- Providing the required Government support in terms of material, machinery, skill development etc.
The Scheme covers all textile sub-sectors, the traditional VSE sectors of Handlooms, Handicrafts, Sericulture and Jute and allied fibres as well as the Powerloom sector and the Garmenting & Made Up sector.
- The expenditure will ordinarily be shared between Ministry of Textiles and the implementing agency in the ratio 90:10.
- Release of funds will be done in a minimum of three equal instalments; The first Instalment being released on sanctioning of the project and the subsequent instalments on utilization of 70% of the released amount and matching share of the State Government/Implementing agency together.
- The fund would be provided on the basis of physical progress in the project implementation.
- A specified percentage (5%) of the cost of each project has to be earmarked for Information, Education and Communication (IEC), Administration and Monitoring activity
For More Details: Click Here