- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat initiative will not be limited to cleanliness drives or toilet building. Nor will it remain just a government-only scheme.
- It is expected to be scaled up as a massive corporate programme.
- The panel wants to include solid waste management, waste to energy techniques and comprehensive national plan to treat industrial affluent under the ambit of the ambitious scheme.
- A team of senior officials from the NITI Aayog and state governments will be visiting state capitals and cities to study their models of soil and municipal waste management and thereafter devise a national policy.
- The panel is discussing the best technologies and best practices available in the country and abroad for the cleanliness and sanitation scheme.