Government of India has launched the Swacch Bharat Movement to make the country clean. Cleanliness corresponds to the hygiene and better health. This can be made better by promoting benefits of clean surroundings among the people. To encourage cleanliness among the people, state government will provide financial grants to the panchayats and District Offices.
Priorities of Selection:
- First Priority will be given to the winner villages of Gram Panchayat.
- Second Priority to the village with more population.
- Third Priority to the villages through which National and State Highways pass.
- Fourth Priority to those villages whose major roads have drainage problem.
- 1 Lakh to each panchayat getting Nirmal Gram Puruskar.
- If any panchayat gets more than 10 awards, then 5 lakh rupees to that Panchayat Samiti.
- If any panchayat gets more than 30 awards, then 5 lakh rupees to that Panchayat Samiti.
- If a District is eligible for this award and along with that 10 villages getting the award, then Rs. 50 Lakh to the district will be granted.
Works to be Accomplished:
- Construction of Shock-pits to release the excess water from hand pumps and community wells.
- Purchase of Garbage Bins and Expenditure on Waste Transportation.
- Construction of Toilets at important public places/schools/Anganwadi Centres/Panchayat Ghar.
- Construction of Drainage for waste water.
- Expenditures on cleaning, maintenance and installation of sanitary fittings in public toilets.
For More Info: Click Here