West Bengal: Subsidy For Establishment Of Fish Seed Hatcheries
To support entrepreneurs/ farmers in setting up of hatcheries in states for the individual species with regional importance and for production of hatchery bred seed, West Bengal Government is providing subsidy for establishment of freshwater fish seed hatcheries.
- Clear title of the land in the name of the applicant
- If, the land is on lease, lease deed for a minimum period of 7 years
- The prospective entrepreneurs/ farmers should preferably have received 7 training in hatchery operations
- Should not be a defaulter with any financial institution/Government
- Assurance/ willingness of the farmer to take up fish seed production on scientific lines and to revolve the sale proceeds towards the inputs for subsequent operations
- Should be willing for availing bank loan towards non-subsidy portion of the investment towards capital cost and first year input costs.
- BankΓÇÕs consent to provide the loan towards non-subsidy portion of funds
The unit cost of freshwater fish hatchery with a production capacity of 7-8 million fry per year with nurseries has been estimated as Rs.12 lakhs/ unit in plain areas and Rs.16 lakhs/ unit in the hill districts. The subsidy shall be 20% on the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.2.4 lakhs/unit in plain areas and Rs.3.2 lakhs/unit in hill districts to farmers/entrepreneurs.
- New species:
The subsidy shall be @40% of the unit cost for all farmers and 90% onetime grant to State Fisheries Departments, Quasi Government organizations and Research Institutes.
For More Info: Click Here