Soil and Water Conservation: River Valley Projects: Tamil Nadu
The Department of Agriculture Engineering, Tamil Nadu Government, has a scheme for all farmers whose crop lands are situated in the selected watersheds.
- To main at sustainable distribution of resources.
- To create and implement plans, programs, and projects to sustain and enhance watershed functions that affect the plant, animal, and human communities within a watershed boundary.
- Water Sheds in South Pennaiyar and Mettur Catchments in Vellore, Thiruvannamalai, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri and Salem Districts.
- All the farmers whose lands are covered in the selected priority watersheds in the respective catchment are eligible.
- 25% subsidy on cost of works in Patta Land is provided as subsidy and ┬áremaining 75% is treated as loan. The loan amount with interest is recovered in ten equal installments after a moratorium of two years.
- Contour binding, Horticultural plantations, Drainage line treatment, Farm ponds , Agro Forestry and Afforestation, Silt Detention Structure.
How to apply
Reach to these officers-
- Assistant Executive Engineer, River Valley Project , 210 C, Salem Main Road, Backside of Raghupathi Hospital, Krishnagiri-635 001.
- Assistant Executive Engineer, River Valley Project , No.250, Thiru Vi.Ka.Nagar, Harur-636 903, Dharmapuri District.
- Assistant Executive Engineer, River Valley Project -Unit-I, 4/494 (1) First Floor, Railway station Road , Dharmapuri -636 701.
- Assistant Executive Engineer , River Valley Project ΓÇô Unit II, Collectorate Complex, Dharmapuri 636 701.
- Assistant Executive Engineer ,River Valley Project , 98 – Raja Ganapathy Nagar, Mettur 636 401, Salem District.
- Assistant Executive Engineer ,River Valley Project , Sivagamiammal illam,Senthamil Nagar, Terkupet(Post), Chengam-606 709, Tiruvannamalai District.
- Executive Engineer , RVP, Dharmapuri.
- Superintending Engineer , A.E.D, Salem
- Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35
2435 2686 , 2435 2622.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.