Rail Vikas Shivir: Rejuvenation of 163 year old Indian railways
At the initiative of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, as an milestone mega exercise, involving the entire organization at all levels, Indian Railways is organizing a 3 day Rail Vikas Shivir (Rail Development Camp) at Surajkund near New Delhi, from 18th November 2016 to 20th November 2016 with a view to
- Generate numerous innovative yet practical ideas across most critical areas of Railway Operations.
- This is for the first time in the 163 year of Indian Railways that such a Brainstorming exercise at this large scale is taking place involving all Railway Employees from gangmen to Railway Board Chairman.
- This Shivir will help in creating a vision for Indian Railways that every employee relates to and will reflect business aspirations and societal commitments of Indian Railways.
- Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, who has in the last two and half years undertaken slew of major reforms, restructuring initiatives, innovations is guiding the organizing of this ┬áShivir.
The Vikas Shivir is aiming at the following aspects
- Significantly energizing the entire organization
- Building momentum for execution through numerous pragmatic yet innovative ideas
- Showcase the collective thought leadership of Indian Railways
- Drive non-hierarchical participation across the entire rail fraternity
- Make this event a starting point for a journey of continuous improvement
- Opportunity to significantly change the tracks of IR
- Specific end-products that will be monitored by PM.
The Vikas Shivir will be focusing on the following eight themes:
- Make Indian Railways the preferred freight carrier in India
- Create a 3x bigger Indian railways that is economically viable
- Significantly improve cost position across functions
- Dramatically improve non-fare revenues for Indian Railways
- Modernize Indian Railways by using best-in-class technology
- Move towards near zero fatalities in Indian Railways
- Ensure every train journey is a pleasurable experience for the passenger
- Driving cultural change at Indian Railway
- All railway employees across hierarchy were invited to submit ideas online or through helpline from Sep 2016 onwards.
- For this purpose, 4 lakh SMS were sent. 10 lakh posters were pasted, advertisement on 13 lakh pay slips, 1 lakh whatsapp service messages were sent, 2 lakh graphics posted on the Facebook and 10 lakh people were reached one to one contact basis through 2 recognized Railway unions and a website was created for online submission.
- The entire venue complex has been divided into various areas and mini venues which have been named after various Rail Icons like Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto, Humsafar, Tejas, Gatimaan, Uday, Antyodaya, JanShatabdi, etc. The conference will have many sessions and sub sessions and video screenings, knowledge sessions, presentations, pavilion visits, question & answer sessions, jury meetings, etc.
- Another highlight of the 3 day Shivir will be ΓÇ£Start of the dayΓÇÙ by undertaking yoga exercises by the participants of the Shivir. More than 650 odd participants are being housed in the venue complex itself who will not be allowed to use their mobile phones even throughout the proceedings of the conference for a more focussed and undivided attention.
For More Info: Click Here.