National Award for Prevention of Pollution
Name of the scheme: National Award for Prevention of Pollution
Number of Categories in which the award is given:
Awards numbering up to 18 will be given each year, one in each of the identified category of highly polluting industries. These industries have been identified as-
- Fermentation and Distillery
- Thermal Power
- Caustic Soda
- Oil Refinery
- Sulphuric Acid
- Copper Smelting
- Zinc Smelting
- Iron and Steel
- Pulp and Paper
- Dye and Dye Intermediates
- Success in defining environmental pollution needs meeting pollution prevention goals and overall improvements to the quality of air, water and land.
- Soundness of approach, scientific design and cost effectiveness.
- Abatement including reduction, reuse recycling or any beneficial use of waste generated, substantial and steady reduction in the effluents and emissions in the year.
- Reduction of risk to the community living in the vicinity of units handling hazardous chemicals.
- Any other identifiable specific and significant contribution towards the manufacture of environmentally friendly products and development and use of environmentally sound technologies.
- Substantial and continuing steps for environmental improvement.
Nature of the award:
- A Trophy
- A Citation
- Rupees One Lakh Cash Prize
For more information, click here